cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

T2080RDB-PC Changes

Jump to solution
elsasnow
Contributor II

What were the MAJOR changes from the T2080RDB-PA to the T2080RDB-PC?

I'm trying to get the VxWorks 6.9 bootrom to launch with no luck.

The target.ref indicates that the BSP was tested on the T2080RDB-PA (Rev A).  I have a Rev C RDB.

Are there any memory mapping or major changes that might lead to this BSP totally malfunctioning?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
1 Solution
ufedor
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Sorry, there was a typo in my previous response.

Corrected statement is:

T2080RDB-PB also has silicon 1.0.

Major details of the RDB revisions:

PA  =  rev. 1.0 Si, did not support SRIOV on PCIe controller assigned to the gold fingers; SDK 1.5 ; CPU = 1.533GHz; DDR=1.6GHz

PB =  rev. 1.0 Si, relayed out board to route SRIOV enable PCIe controller to gold finger; SDK 1.6 ; CPU=1.533GHz; DDR=1.6GHz

PC = rev 1.1 Si.  Latest SDK 1.7 ; CPU=1.8GHz ; DDR=1.867GHz

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
13 Replies
ufedor
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

> Regarding "Si" revision, are you referring to the CPU itself going from revision 1.0 to 1.1?

Yes.

The RCW[MEM_PLL_RAT] has to be specified differently for the T2080 silicon revision 1.0 and 1.1. (Correct options of the MEM_PLL_RAT for the silicon rev.1.1 are provided in the T2080 RM available at: QorIQ T2080 and T2081 Multicore Communication|NXP )

So answer to your question is - No.

I.e. RCW for T2080RDB-PB will not work on the T2080RDB-PC.

0 Kudos
elsasnow
Contributor II

I understand the CPU speed and DDR clock changes.

Regarding "Si" revision, are you referring to the CPU itself going from revision 1.0 to 1.1?

If I was to apply the RCW used by Wind River for the Rev B T2080RDB, would that possibly remedy the boot problem when using the Rev C RDB board?

0 Kudos
ufedor
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

If the BSP in question contains binary image of the RCW I could "convert" it for the silicon revision 1.1.

0 Kudos
elsasnow
Contributor II

My understanding is that the RCW is NOT contained within the bootrom.  The one at ec000000 is used at boot time.

I'm working with both NXP and Wind River on this.  My goal is to try and find if the BSP needs a change to support the Rev C board (with the assumption that it works fine on the Rev B board). 

We keep coming back to RCW[MEM_PLL_RAT] as a delta.  Is this potentially something I would need to adjust in the RCW in order to get the VxW bootrom to load?

My goal at this point is to determine if the bootrom needs a change or the RCW needs a change to account for the hardware changes from Rev B to C.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
ufedor
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

> The one at ec000000 is used at boot time.

Is the board able to boot pre-installed U-Boot?

0 Kudos
elsasnow
Contributor II

Yes.  I'm able to boot U-Boot from vbank0 and vbank4 using SW3 adjustment.

I'm putting the VxW bootrom at ebf00000, then adjusting SW3 accordingly to select vbank4.

The RCW is untouched from what was originally programmed in the board at factory.

Doing this causes the board to hang at boot.

Wind River uses these same steps on a Rev B board, and the bootrom properly loads.

0 Kudos
ufedor
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

> I'm putting the VxW bootrom at ebf00000, then adjusting SW3 accordingly to select vbank4.

Is the VxW bootrom address really 0xebf00000?

What is the bootrom binary size?

May be it is needed to select another vbank?

0 Kudos
ufedor
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Sorry, there was a typo in my previous response.

Corrected statement is:

T2080RDB-PB also has silicon 1.0.

Major details of the RDB revisions:

PA  =  rev. 1.0 Si, did not support SRIOV on PCIe controller assigned to the gold fingers; SDK 1.5 ; CPU = 1.533GHz; DDR=1.6GHz

PB =  rev. 1.0 Si, relayed out board to route SRIOV enable PCIe controller to gold finger; SDK 1.6 ; CPU=1.533GHz; DDR=1.6GHz

PC = rev 1.1 Si.  Latest SDK 1.7 ; CPU=1.8GHz ; DDR=1.867GHz

0 Kudos
elsasnow
Contributor II

I'd like to rephrase the original question based on the feedback I've received from Wind River.

What were the MAJOR changes from the T2080RDB-PB to the T2080RDB-PC?

I'm trying to get the VxWorks 6.9 bootrom to launch on a Rev C T2080RDB with no luck.

WindRiver was able to get a bootrom to work on their Rev B device.

Are there any memory mapping, RCW, or major changes that might lead to this BSP totally malfunctioning when moving the Rev B BSP to a Rev C T2080RDB?

0 Kudos
elsasnow
Contributor II

I will try to get the Wind River RCW.

I'm using Rev C

Wind River is using Rev B.

Their T2080RDB can boot VxW, but mine cannot.

It hangs when I select the alternate bank after switching SW3.

0 Kudos
ufedor
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Main difference is the silicon revision change from 1.0 to 1.1.

Please note that the revisions have different descriptions for the RCW[MEM_PLL_RAT].

Please ask Wind River for updated RCW.

0 Kudos
elsasnow
Contributor II

I received word from Wind River that they can boot the Rev B version of this board with no issue (T2080RDB-PB).

Would the same recommendation apply regarding the RCW changes when going from Rev B to Rev C?

In other words, the RCW in my Rev C board should match what Wind River has in their Rev B?

0 Kudos
ufedor
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Yes.

T2080RDB-PB also has silicon 1.1.

0 Kudos