cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

T2080 - Serdes Protocol Assignment

manikumar
Contributor II

Hi,

For T2080 SERDES protocol assignment, I have referred to "Table 19-1. SerDes Lanes Assignments and Multiplexing" in T2080RM

Designed custom board by selecting SRDS_PRTCL_S1 as E0 and SRDS_PRTCL_S2 as 36 as per attachment serdes_T2080RM.png.

In the codewarrior tool, not getting option as 36 for  SRDS_PRTCL_S2 SERDES protocol selection. but 35 assignment in tool matches to 36 protocol assignment in T2080RM. With these combination not able to detect SATA device.

Detected SATA device while selected SRDS_PRTCL_S1 as 66 and SRDS_PRTCL_S2 as 15.

Also many of the protocol assignments are not with codewarrior options provided. Please let me know how to address this issue.

Regards,

Mani

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

lunminliang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Mani Kumar,

This is because of below errata:

A-007186: SerDes Ring VCO does not maintain lock throughout specified temperature range

Alternate SRDS_PRTCL_S2 36 to be 35 as one of workaround option.

You can also find a note in CodeWarrior, in the pic you pasted, there is a note right behind the 35 assignment:

pastedImage_0.png

Have a great day,
Lunmin

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

manikumar
Contributor II

Hello Lunmin,

Thanks for your reply.

But the issue I am facing is that SRDS_PRTCL_S1 as E0 and SRDS_PRTCL_S2 as 35 / 36, not able to detect SATA device

While serdes combinations as SRDS_PRTCL_S1 as 66 and SRDS_PRTCL_S2 as 15 able to detect SATA device (Kindly note this is with NO HARDWARE CHANGES).

Regards,

Mani

0 Kudos