T1040RDB - auto power on after power loss/cycle

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

T1040RDB - auto power on after power loss/cycle

bgrupczy
Contributor I

We are working remotely and need to power reset our RDB. But if you power cycle for more than just a few seconds, the board stays powered off. We need an option for the board to power up when power is applied without having to push the momentary switch on the front face. TIA!

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

r8070z
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Have a great day,

As I guess you see that ATX power supplier is not on when there is blackout for more than just a few seconds. It is an ATX power supply feature. If you look into RDB schematics you can see that ATX POWER INPUT CONNECTOR has PS-ON pin driven by PWR_EN_N signal from transistor (Q30) controlled by D-trigger (U84). The ATX power supply is ON when PS-ON pin is low.

Unfortunately I do not  simple way to pull PS-ON to ground (some board has jumper for that). It seems we need for some hardware changing.

As you can see after blackout D trigger keeps PS-ON high until you press the button which provides clock edge to the D trigger which changes its state. I think we can remove resistor which connects the D-trigger Q output to the transistor. Instead we add the resistor to connect it to the Q# the D-trigger. In this case the power should be provided without button pushing because Q# is high while the Q is low. But the button still can switch power off and on.

Serguei

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

bgrupczy
Contributor I

Serguei, Thanks. Yes, I looked at the circuit and was hoping I was missing something. We inserted a permanent pull down to the circuit and now have constant power when the AC power is applied.

0 Kudos