cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

T1024 Board Bring-up Issue

bltuna
Contributor II

Hi,

We are trying to bring-up our custom board based on T1024 with an empty flash. We are stuck in a state and can’t make progress and couldn’t find any clue about bring-up board except setting cfg_rcw_src[0:8] to 0x9E for empty flashes. Do you have such a guide document? Or could you help us with going forward? Our purpose is burning the rcw to the empty nor flash over code warrior and jtag . We are getting the error in the attached file.

As far as I know from your reference manual, HRESET_B is driven by T1024 until RCW is loaded from the source (nor flash in our case). However, we don’t have RCW yet in our flash, so that means HRESET_B will be stuck in asserted state, right? How could we overcome this issue?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

eduardkromskoy
Contributor II

Hi,

Could you elaborate more about "CodeWarrior tool from NXP to override RCW" and how to use it in Code Warrior? I have found some demo video that involves 'CodeWarrior Configuration Project' wizard which is missing in my Code Warrior. Is it some plug in I can download separately?

Thank you,

Ed

0 Kudos

monalihaware
Contributor III

Tuna Bulut,

Could you bring up the board?

0 Kudos

ufedor
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Please refer to the QorIQ T1024 Family Design Checklist, 4.3.1 Configuration signals sampled at reset:

"NOTE
If a new board is using a blank flash and flash is the source of RCW, then all the 0xff values from flash for RCW will put the device in an unknown state. The two workarounds for this problem are:
• Put switches on cfg_rcw_src signals to choose hardcoded RCW (0x9B, 0x9D, 0x9F).
• Use CodeWarrior tool from NXP to override RCW."

CodeWarrior Development Studio for Power Architecture Processors Targeting Manual, 8.2 Using a JTAG configuration file to override RCW - refer to the attached example screenshot.

0 Kudos