T1022 2.5G SGMII not working

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

T1022 2.5G SGMII not working

obiokafor
Contributor I

We have a system with a T1022 CPU and MAC1 and MAC2 connected to an external switch.

MAC1/2 work at 1Gbps with the following settings in the SERDES SGMII MDIO registers:

SGMII mode (not 1000BaseX)

Autonegotiation off

Speed 1000

Full duplex

When configured at 2.5Gbps, the links do not work. We have tried both SGMII and 1000BaseX modes.

The external switch supports 2500BaseX only at 2.5Gbps. Does the T1022 support 2500BaseX?

The reference manual describes 2.5G SGMII as 1G SGMII overclocked. Is this compatible with 2500BaseX?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

cyrilstrejc
Contributor III

Hi Obi,

please, do you have any progress with 2500Base-X connection to the external switch? I plan to use similar design as you. I have expected one of the SGMII_EN settings (MDIO_SGMII_IF_MODE, SGMII Mode or 1000Base-X Mode) should work with 2500Base-X external switch.

0 Kudos

obiokafor
Contributor I

No progress so far. We are discussing with the switch chip provider.

0 Kudos

bpe
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

There is no official specification for 2500Base-X. Consult at your switch documentation and/or manufacturer to see if it is compatible with T1022 at PCS and below levels.

Have a great day,
Platon

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos