Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IEEE 1588 Annex F

Jump to solution
björnolofsson
Contributor I

Hi,

I am trying to determine if there is hardware support on the T4240 for PTP packets over Ethernet, i.e., IEEE 1588 Annex F. In chapter 7 in the DPAA ref manual, there is an example with PTP over UDP, i.e., IEEE 1588 Annex E.

Cheers,

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
bpe
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Timestamping and Fman frame parser work independently and at different levels. A  timestamp can by created for any packet

regardless of it's format and FMAN can be configured to recognize any packet including PTP over Ethernet.

Have a great day,
Platon

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
bpe
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Timestamping and Fman frame parser work independently and at different levels. A  timestamp can by created for any packet

regardless of it's format and FMAN can be configured to recognize any packet including PTP over Ethernet.

Have a great day,
Platon

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos