How to inject CPC single-bit ECC error

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to inject CPC single-bit ECC error

minghu_du
Contributor III

How to inject CPC single-bit ECC error for T1040QDS?

is there any example available to create a single-bit ECC fault ?

Regards

Minghu

0 Kudos
4 Replies

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

There is no example available, but you can refer to the 'L2 SYSFS parts' in the source file drivers/edac/mpc85xx_edac.c and write injection routine to operate the following registers.

13.2.14 CPC error injection low register (CPC_CPCERRINJLO)
13.2.15 CPC error injection control register (CPC_CPCERRINJCTL)
13.2.16 CPC capture data high register (CPC_CPCCAPTDATAHI)

0 Kudos

minghu_du
Contributor III

I have successfully injected single-bit data ECC error on DDR. The error injection registers of CPC are very similar to DDR's, with some minor differences. But I have never been able to successfully inject single-bit data ECC error on CPC.

0 Kudos

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

registers for ECC testing: the CPCx_CPCERRINJHI and CPCx_CPCERRINJLO define which bits you wish to corrupt,

CPCx_CPCERRINJCTL[TERRIEN]=1 enables error insertion.

The test sequence can be as following:

1) CPCx_CPCERRINJLO=00000001 (the LSbit of 64-bit word is going to be inverted);

2) CPCx_CPCERRINJCTL[TERRIEN]=1;

3) to write 0000000000000001 to some location (actually 0000000000000000 will be written due to above steps);

4) to read the location, result should be 0000000000000001 (LSbit is corrected). CPCx_CPCERRCTL register should report  a single-bit ECC error.

0 Kudos

minghu_du
Contributor III

Hi, Yiping,

Thanks for your reply, I still did not succeed in injecting the ECC error after using your steps

I have some follow-up questions, for the second step you mentioned 2)CPCx_CPCERRINJCTL[TERRIEN]=1;, shouldn't it be enabling the DERRIEN bit?

And in the third step, I would like to know if it is written to memory via load/store instructions or to cache via data cache operation instructions. Have you tried these steps on the board?

Thanks and Best Regards,

Minghu.

0 Kudos