How to change rcw configuration on T1040RDB?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change rcw configuration on T1040RDB?

chenxilee
Contributor II

Environment: T1040RDB,SDK v1.7

Booting mode: booting from norflash

Debug tools:Lauterbach Trace32

1. I get a good rcw_1400.bin form SDK 1.7 image, writing to norflash 0xe8000000, booting from norflash is ok.

2. I modify the SRDS_PRTCL_S1 from 0x66 to 0x60(I want to change Serdes configuration to Pcie x 4),

3. I use Trace32 to caculate new crc and update rcw.bin

4. Writing the new rcw.bin to norflash 0xe8000000, booting from norflash is not ok.no output from uboot.

maybe my rcw.bin is not correct?

I want to configure Serdes configuration from 0x66 to 0x60, how to generate a valid rcw.bin?

Thank you.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
11 Replies

anju_bhartiya
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The SerDes Protocol that do not make use of PLL2 require that PLL2 be powered down through RCW[SRDS_PRTCL_S1]

Refer T1040 RM, section "SerDes option restrictions"

Protocols are: 0x00, 0x40, 0x60, 0x67, 0x85, 0x87, 0x8D, 0x45.

0 Kudos

fdm
Contributor IV

Chenxi Lee,

T1040RM says that "SerDes PLL2 must be powered down using SRDS_PLL_PD_S1 when SRDS_PRTCL_S1 is any of the following values: 00, 40, 60, 67, 85, 87, 8D.Maybe that's your root cause?

BR,

Denis

MatthiasB
Contributor II

Hello Denis,

I can confirm the powered PLL2 is the root cause of this issue we've seen.

Thank you for your hint, all PRTCL settings work now as expected.

Could you add a small note to the Figure 31-1 in the RM to point the readers into the right direction for the problematic settings? I think this would help to get a faster overview.

Best regards,

Matthias Bussjaeger

http://www.lauterbach.com

0 Kudos

fdm
Contributor IV

Hello Matthias,

Unfortunately, I have no ability to change anything in the RM. I suppose this request should be addressed to Freescale employees instead.

Regards,

Denis

0 Kudos

addiyi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

You could use QCVS tool, PreBootLoader Configuration to create/modify/import/export/validate RCW. More information about PBL tool you can find at this link.

Adrian

0 Kudos

MatthiasB
Contributor II

Dear Adrian-Mihai Stoica,

I think this answer does not really address the issue...

Can you please check the example PRTCL values which seems not to work for the T1040 (e.g. 0x67, 0x60, 0x8D) but are documented?

Just to clarify: The used tool doesn't matter as long as the checksum result is the same and correct. I thought this is clear regarding my description with the PRTCL values that work with both methods (temporary or flashed).

Matthias Bussjaeger

0 Kudos

addiyi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Looks like is something wrong with those serdes protocols and T1040 board is not booting. Someone from hardware should ask to this question. You can open a Service Request to speed up the answer.

Adrian

0 Kudos

chenxilee
Contributor II

Thanks for your suggestion.

Yestoday I used  QVCS tool to generate a new PBL image, only change SRDS_PRTCL_S1 from 0x66 to 0x60(same as above).

I updated the new pbl image to nor flash and boot from norflash.The board cannot bootup, and the asleep led is always on.

T1040 cannot support this serdes configuration?

MatthiasB
Contributor II

Dear Chenxi Lee,

I think we both see the same issue and have to wait for helpful support from Freescale to clarify these problematic PRTCL values.

Matthias Bussjaeger

0 Kudos

MatthiasB
Contributor II

Dear Chenxi Lee,

I assume you used the "demo_calc_rcw-crc_and_flash.cmm" script in the Lauterbach "qoriq_misc" folder and also tried to set the RCW temporary with the appropriate "demo_set_rcw.cmm" script.

For other PRTCL-values (e.g. 0x69, 0x66, 0x89, ...) both methods work, but I also couldn't find a way to use the board with your desired value.

Also some others don't work (e.g. 0x67, 0x60, 0x8D, 0x40, ...) even they are documented in the up to date T1040 Reference Manual (Rev 0): The cores are not responsive with these settings.

Unfortunately I have only chip rev. 1.0 to test this, which one is yours?

Any ideas from Freescale?

BTW:

A fast way to check the working configurations is to enable the temporary RCW override ("SYStem.Option.HRCWOVR ON") and open the RCW per-file ("PER <folder>/pert1xxx_rcw.per"). You can easily adapt the values and check the configuration with the next "SYStem.Up".

If your SW is not up to date and/or you miss any files just tell me or contact the support: bdmqoriq-support@lauterbach.com

Best regards,

Matthias Bussjaeger

0 Kudos

chenxilee
Contributor II

Thanks for your suggestion. The T1040 chip on my board is rev. 1.1. Maybe we have the same question about Serdes configuration in rcw

0 Kudos