How much power would a T1014 consume while sitting in reset?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How much power would a T1014 consume while sitting in reset?

mikemandeville
Contributor II

I have an interesting problem. Our box will be in cold soak at-55C and then powered up. Our plan right now is not to bring the processor out of reset till temperature inside is at -40C. I was wondering what the power dissipation of the processor will be when its in reset. I imagine the I/O power will be pretty close to 0, but there has to be leakage current(static power) on the core supply. I was wondering if you have any data for that, thanks

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

alexander_yakov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Please look T1024/T1014 device datasheet, Table 12, power saving estimations. For example, for 1400 Mhz part you can save 0.23+0.27+0.33 = 0.83 Watts per each core when moving from PH00 to LPM20 mode. For two cores it will be 1.65W

Now look Table 10, "Total core and platform" column. For 1400 Mhz part and 65 degrees it will be 2.72 Watts.

Assuming the device power consumption in reset is approximately equal to both cores in LPM20 mode, it will be 2.72-1.65 = ~ 1 Watt.

This is for 65 degrees. For -55 degrees we do not specify power numbers, but based on our understanding of this silicon technology, we can roughly approximate it as 50-60% of above number at 65 degrees, so it will be approx 0.5 W.

Have a great day,
Alexander

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos