How isolated does SnGND need to be for the T4160?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How isolated does SnGND need to be for the T4160?

Jump to solution
anneweng
Contributor I

If I connect SnGND directly to system ground will there be any problems? Would it be okay if I connected it through a ferrite bead? The datasheet makes several references to SnGND making me think it needs to be separate from system ground.

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
LPP
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Connect SnGND to common ground. Do not use ferrite beds to isolate SnGND.

However: "There needs to be dedicated analog ground, AGND_SDn_PLLn for each AVDD_SDn_PLLn pin up to the physical local of the filters themselves."

Have a great day,
Pavel

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
LPP
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Connect SnGND to common ground. Do not use ferrite beds to isolate SnGND.

However: "There needs to be dedicated analog ground, AGND_SDn_PLLn for each AVDD_SDn_PLLn pin up to the physical local of the filters themselves."

Have a great day,
Pavel

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos