cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello World yocto application

anshulkhare
Contributor III

Hello All,

i have an T2080RDB-PC board, for that i have downloaded SDK 2.0 and compiled successfully

and on T2080RDB board i have flashed my uboot, dtb ,kernel and rootfs images via tftp,

and i am able to observe the logs correctly,

now i want to add one sample application of "hello world"

for this i have created my own layer and in layer i have created "hello_world" application,

when i am compiling with command bitbake hello_world application is not compiling and throwing error

"nothing provides hello_world".

and when i am giving command bitbake -b hello_world application is compiled and binary is generated,

when this binary i am trying to load on T2080RDB board via USB and trying to execute at that time it is giving error "no such file or directory".

please tell me how to add application and how to add the application as a part of Rootfs.

Thanks in advance

Regards,

Anshul

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

Pavel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The "No such file or directory" usually means that your application require additional file or library.

Test your board using static library compiling for your software.

Use similar command for gcc:

$CC test.c --static -o test.elf

Have a great day,
Pavel Chubakov

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

anshulkhare
Contributor III

Hello PavelChubakov

Thanks for the support,

Problem is solved, i am able to add "hello world" application in root file system and it is successfully executed on board .

Regards,

Anshul

0 Kudos