cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while booting T1024RDB with "fsl_imag_full" image build with SDK1.8

veerendranathj
Contributor III

Hello,

I built "fsl_image_full" with SDK1.8 but when I tried to boot the image I am facing issues...

Please check attached file (full_image_boot_log.txt) for boot messages/error log when I boot the image...

for your reference I uploading boot log(prebuilt_image_boot_log.txt) when I boot the "prebuit image" given along with board , which I could boot without any issues...

Thanks and Regards,

Veerendranath

Original Attachment has been moved to: full_image_boot_log.txt.zip

Original Attachment has been moved to: prebuilt_image_boot_log.txt.zip

Labels (1)
5 Replies

veerendranathj
Contributor III

PFA for error log after increasing "ramdisk_size" parameter.

0 Kudos

bpe
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Did you check your boot log before posting? Below is what your kernel says:

Kernel command line: root=/dev/ram rw console=ttyS0,115200 ramdisk_size=$rd_size

Your ramdisk_size token is not recognized because of invalid format. Kernel does not see

or substitute u-Boot environment variables.

As of network interfaces, all SDK images include network support. If you don't see

network interfaces, check your device tree, make sure  it assigns network

interfaces to Linux, not to USDPAA.

Detailed instruction for SDK image deployment for your board are given at the link below.

Follow them strictly:

Submit Form

0 Kudos

veerendranathj
Contributor III

Finally I successfully booted the board with "fsl-image-full"... :smileyhappy:. After changing $rd_size to hard coded value the previous error ( "VFS: Cannot open root device "ram" or unknown-block(1,0): error -5") was resolved but I faced again new error(attached the log for new error) but I could resolve it with instructions given in following link https://community.freescale.com/thread/373396.

But still I couldn't see network interfaces in linux... when enter "ifconfig" command I could see only "lo" interface... Please let me know how  to bringup the interfaces?

Regards,

Veerendranath

0 Kudos

bpe
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Your board fails to mount root filesystem because the size of the

root filesystem image generated by fsl-image-full Yocto target is

larger than the default ramdisk size. Use ramdisk_size kernel parameter

to specify the size of the ramdisk. See Documentation/kernel-parameters.txt

and Documentation/blockdev/ramdisk.txt for more information. Keep in

mind that the size of the ramdisk must exceed the _uncompressed_ size

of the root filesystem image.

Note. fsl-image-full target generates a relatively large root filesystem

image. It is not checked against available memory limit and may not

be suitable for ramdisk deployment. If you wish to stay with ramdisk

root, consider using fsl-image-core or fsl-image-minimal. Otherwise,

use NFS root.

Have a great day,
Platon

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

veerendranathj
Contributor III

I increased the ramdisk_size to 1GB (my uncompressed file system size is around 600MB and DDR size on board is 2GB) but still there is some issue(different from previous)... Please check the attached log file for more details...

Basically my requirement is to run "Hello world" application(which is generated on Host system using cross tool-chain "powerpc-fsl-linux-gcc" ) on Target Board (T1024RDB) linux image but existing/on board minimal/core image is not detecting Ethernet interfaces( I think... these functionality is not supported by those images as they are very basic images, they don't even have tool-chain in file system) so I couldn't transfer the application I created on to Target(T1024RDB) board file system. So I thought of creating full-image which will have toolchain and network support.

Regards,

Veerendranath

0 Kudos