cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enable srio through SerDes for t4240rdb

norabjorklund
Contributor II

Hi,

I have been trying to configure the SerDes protocols for T4240RDB to allow me to use SRIO. And I have been following the "USDPAA SRA User Manual" to configure the system.

I configured the RCW to use:          A     B     C     D     E     F     G     H

* SERDES1 Protocol: 27 (0x1b)      |-----------  8x sg (1.25G)  -----------|

* SERDES2 Protocol: 55 (0x37)      |-- 4x XFI (10G)--|- 4x sg (1.25G) -|

* SERDES3 Protocol: 5 (0x5)        |--PCIe (5/2.5G)--|-SRIO1 (5/2.5G)|

* SERDES4 Protocol: 9 (0x9)          | PCI3 (5/2.5G) -|--PCIe4--|2xSATA|

I also enabled the kernel configurations mentioned in the manual, and when I boot the kernel I get the following output (same as mentioned in the manual):

e1000e: Intel(R) PRO/1000 Network Driver - 2.3.2-k

e1000e: Copyright(c) 1999 - 2013 Intel Corporation.

fsl-of-srio ffe0c0000.rapidio: Rapidio UIO driver initialized

fsl-of-dma ffe100300.dma: dma channel dma-uio0-0 initialized

fsl-of-dma ffe100300.dma: dma channel dma-uio0-1 initialized

I then have a srio riser card (OSS-PCIe-HIB25-x4-H) that could be connected to a PCIe extension port, however, I can only connect it to the "upper part" of the 8x extension port available on the RDB board (this should be the one referred to by SERDES3).

srio-riser.png

And when booting linux with this I cannot use srio (I have connected the card to another srio port on a t4240qds board where I have already verified the SRA application), I get the following error:

root@t4240rdb-64b:~# sra

Port 1 is not ready.

Try to restart connection...

sra: fsl_srio_connection(): Input/output error

Port 2 is not ready.

Try to restart connection...

sra: fsl_srio_connection(): Input/output error

sra: main(): fsl_srio_port_connected

So, I assume that I either have done something wrong when creating the RCW, or the card is connected to the "wrong" side of the connector, i.e the E-H are on the lower part of the connector.In that case: How do I re-write the RCW to be able to use the upper part (A-D)? Or do have to get a riser card with two ports?

Best Regards,

Nora Björklund

Labels (1)
Tags (4)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

ufedor
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Sorry, but it is impossible to establish SRIO connection on T4240RDB using OSS x4 extender because SRIO lanes on the RDB are connected to PCIe x8 slot lanes 4-7.

Please try OSS x8 extender and use lanes E-H.

You wrote:

> Is it not possible to reconfigure SerDes to support srio instead of pcie?

Not possible.

0 Kudos

norabjorklund
Contributor II

Hi ufedor,

Sorry if I have been unclear; what I am trying to achieve is support for SRIO on the T4240RDB board, so it would not make sense to use two QDS boards. I am trying this by reconfiguring the RCW for the RDB board. Even if the RCW is reconfigured to support a x4 SRIO, are you sure of that it cannot be used on t4240rdb (your reply is referring to t2080)? I reconfigured the T4240RDB's RCW to be a x4 PCIe slot and a x4 SRIO slot (as in the table in my question), instead of a PCIe x8 slot. Is it not possible to reconfigure SerDes to support srio instead of pcie? It is indicated in the user manual that serdes can be reconfigured to use several kinds of formats. It is for example described in the SRA UG (https://freescale.sdlproducts.com/LiveContent/content/en-US/QorIQ_SDK_1.9/GUID-29AAE6A2-585D-466B-B8... ) how to insert new RCW configurations to support two SRIO ports on T4240QDS instead of one.

/Nora

0 Kudos

ufedor
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Excuse me, I've corrected the response.

0 Kudos