BOOT_LOC difference between T2080RDB and T2080QDS

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOOT_LOC difference between T2080RDB and T2080QDS

xiaopengma
Contributor I

In QorIQ SDK 2.0 Documentation,there is a note below Nand Boot "Generating the PBL image"
Note:
For T208xRDB:
PBI_SRC need to set to 0b1110 - IFC.
BOOT_LOC need to set to 0b11000 - IFC.
IFC_MODE need to set to 0b100000100 - 8-bit NAND Flash.
SD/SPI/NAND boot use the same settings.

For T2080QDS:
PBI_SRC need to set to 0b1110 - IFC.
BOOT_LOC need to set to 0b10000 - Memory Complex.
IFC_MODE need to set to 0b100000100 - 8-bit NAND Flash.
SD/SPI/NAND boot use the same settings.
I notice that BOOT_LOC is different.
Following Generating the PBL image,the whole u-boot-spl.bin should be convert to PBI command.
During PBL phase,the whole u-boot-spl.bin will be copied to CPC,so the BOOT_LOC should be Memory Complex and core can fetch the first instruction from CPC.

If the BOOT_LOC is IFC,last 4K bytes of u-boot-spl.bin should not be convert to PBI command.
During PBL phasse,,last 4K bytes of u-boot-spl.bin will be copied to FCM SRAM and core can fetch the first instruction from FCM SRAM.
Am I correct?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Xiaopeng,

For both target boards, BOOT_LOC should be configured as Memory Complex (0b10000), the document is not correct.

Previously, for T2080RDB BOOT_LOC is set to 0b11000(IFC) due to hardware issue, it seems that the document is not updated.

In addition, in the recent released SDK, no need to generate PBL u-boot image with QCVS tool, the built NAND u-boot image from u-boot source code has already included RCW+PBI.

Have a great day,
Yiping

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos