Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Perpetual license has expired!!

Jump to solution
pierreschmidt
Contributor III

Hello,

We at our company PSA Peugeot Citroën bought the code Warrior Professional Suite with Perpetual Nodelocked license in 2011. After painfully (I had problem using the USB Dongle, and someone from SR told me I had to rehost to local disk ID because of driver problems) installing the Code Warrior IDE version 5.9.0 in july 2012, I had to change my PC at the end of 2014 and after a fresh installation of the product, I had again to register to unlock the product.

So I followed the instuctions: installed the dongle driver (which is correctly seen by the lmtools.exe utility), and when trying to register the product to get the license file I have a message which says "Expiration Date: 07/16/2013"

There is no reason for license expiration because it is perpetual.

So please tell me how can I reactivate my product.

Thanks a lot

P.SCHMIDT

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
TICS_Fiona
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

You do not need to re-register the CodeWarrior Suite. Please rehost it online and download the new license.

To rehost the license,  please log on Freescale’s website (www.freescale.com) with this  email address.  Please:

1. Log in to My Freescale using your registered member ID and password
  2. Click on Software Licensing and support — page appears showing your currently licensed products
  3. Select the CodeWarrior tool and version you are using.
  4. Click on ‘License key’ tab for on the page for this tool,  click on ‘Generate’ button to input the Host ID and generate license.

For details, please refer to:

https://community.freescale.com/docs/DOC-103345

If this does not help, please summit a Service Request online:

https://www.freescale.com/webapp/servicerequest.create_SR.framework

Please also attach your old license, the new hard disk ID, or Ethernet Address, as well as the CodeWarrior version you are using. To get it, please:

1)Start the IDE and click on Help | About Freescale(Metrowerks) CodeWarrior.

2)Click on Installed Products

3)Provide us all info displayed. Or you can save them in a txt file.

Fiona Kuang

Technical Information & Commercial Support

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
TICS_Fiona
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

You do not need to re-register the CodeWarrior Suite. Please rehost it online and download the new license.

To rehost the license,  please log on Freescale’s website (www.freescale.com) with this  email address.  Please:

2. Click on Software Licensing and support — page appears showing your currently licensed products
  3. Select the CodeWarrior tool and version you are using.
  4. Click on ‘License key’ tab for on the page for this tool,  click on ‘Generate’ button to input the Host ID and generate license.

For details, please refer to:

https://community.freescale.com/docs/DOC-103345

If this does not help, please summit a Service Request online:

https://www.freescale.com/webapp/servicerequest.create_SR.framework

Please also attach your old license, the new hard disk ID, or Ethernet Address, as well as the CodeWarrior version you are using. To get it, please:

1)Start the IDE and click on Help | About Freescale(Metrowerks) CodeWarrior.

2)Click on Installed Products

3)Provide us all info displayed. Or you can save them in a txt file.

Fiona Kuang

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
pierreschmidt
Contributor III

Thank you very much for your answer, I was able to generate a new license file, and everythhing is OK now.

I have seen a new version 2.10 is available, can I update to this new version with all options fully functionnal with the license I have?

0 Kudos
TICS_Fiona
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

If the technical support for your CodeWarrior is active, you can upgrade CodeWarrior for free.  If the technical support expires, you need to purchase one-year Tech support in order to update CW to latest version.

To know the expired date of Technical Support, please:

3. Select the Order History on the page— page appears showing all of your Order ID
  4. Select the Order ID for the CodeWarrior Suite your are using
  5. on the ‘Order Detail’ page, click on the ‘Licenses’ on the right of the item to see the expired data and licensed CodeWarrior version.

Fiona Kuang

0 Kudos