Node Locked or Floating and cost of upgrade.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Node Locked or Floating and cost of upgrade.

jcdammeyer
Contributor III

I have a CWP-BASIC-NL license for S12(X) Version 5.1.  I'm running into the 64K code limit and will need to upgrade to STANDARD.  Do I pay the full price or is there an update price. 

Within the next year I'll probably be transferring the project to my client.  If I buy the FLOATING PERPETUAL is it possible to transfer this license to them?  I'm in the situation where I'll still want to develop on my workstation connected to the hardware but may need to visit the client with a laptop and make changes on site.  I don't want to node lock the compiler to the laptop.

My OS is WIN-7.  They are now running WIN-10.

0 Kudos
1 Reply

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

To upgrade license, you need pay upgrade price.

see "

How to upgrade my CodeWarrior Development Software to the next level?

"

Licensing and Registration FAQ|NXP 

windows 10/7 doesn't support CW5.1 using dongle license.

thus you can only use node lock license or floating license. both of them allow to be rehosted to other computers. see how to rehost

How to rehost CodeWarrior suite license 

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos