cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need some information about the USB Dongle compatibility with 64 bits Win7

a_moscat
Contributor I

Hello!

My company has recently decided to upgrade the Codewarrior IDE we use, because our code is becoming biger than 32KB C lines.

We work with HCS12X microcontrollers, I usually program in a desktop computer, but when I have to work outside the office I use a laptop.

I think that I need a CodeWarrior v5.1 Basic IDE and Node Locked License, because sometimes I have to work Offline.

Also I would like to buy a USB Dongle to share the CodeWarrior License with the 2 computers that I use, but both of them use 64 bits Win 7. I have read that USB Dongle are not compatible with 64 bits Win 7 for Classic IDE, like the one I need, and my doubts are, is my conclusion correct or are there any driver compatible for the Dongle with Win 7? are there any other solution for sharing a Node-locked license between 2 PCs?

Thanks for your help!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

nodelock license can not work for two PC, you have to use dongle license or floating license.

here is the information for dongle license

USB Dongle Drivers|Freescale

here is the driver support information on different platform:

pastedImage_1.png

can this help?

Have a great day,
Zhang Jun

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

a_moscat
Contributor I

Hi Zhang Jun,

Thank you for your response!!

I've decided to use a node-locked license for my laptop and reject the use of Dongle.

Best regards!

Alejandro Moscat

0 Kudos