cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Floating license "Licensed number of users already reached " issue

Jump to solution
d_li
Contributor III

On the FlexLM server, I am hosting one floating license for the Codewarrior. I have a fairly large project in Codewarrior. When I try to compile this project, the first couple of files will compile properly. The license gets checked out and in properly for the first few times, but eventually will try and check out a feature it is already using again (hence Licensed number of users already reached) (as seen from server logs). Codewarrior halts compilation and reports this error. This makes it an absolute pain to compile , as I have to press build again after 5-10 files compile. I have tested this issue on two separate machines w/ CW 10.7.1 and 10.7.2.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
trytohelp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

1 year ago a new web license system was launched.

With the first version, the floating licenses missed a keyword: DUP_GROUP.

DUP_GROUP -> a user on the same host and display, additional uses of a feature do not consume additional licenses.

If the DUP_GROUP is not present and you allowed the parallel build you can get error saying number of users already reached.

The problem was detected and corrected.

Please can you check in your floating license file is the DUP_GROUP keyword is present ?

If the keyword is not present I recommend you to return and re-generate the license file.

This should solve the problem.

Have a great day,
Pascal
NXP Technical Support

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

2 Replies
trytohelp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

1 year ago a new web license system was launched.

With the first version, the floating licenses missed a keyword: DUP_GROUP.

DUP_GROUP -> a user on the same host and display, additional uses of a feature do not consume additional licenses.

If the DUP_GROUP is not present and you allowed the parallel build you can get error saying number of users already reached.

The problem was detected and corrected.

Please can you check in your floating license file is the DUP_GROUP keyword is present ?

If the keyword is not present I recommend you to return and re-generate the license file.

This should solve the problem.

Have a great day,
Pascal
NXP Technical Support

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

d_li
Contributor III

seems to have solved the problem. thanks!

0 Kudos