cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

way to increase Sensitivity

Jump to solution
timronaldo
Contributor II

Hi, Thanks to a kind reply, 9-axi sensor board is working well. Roll, pitch, Yaw values is relatively accurate.

but our sensor board is moving very slowly. and i dont need to run more than 100deg/s

so if i can, i want to add more accuracy than fast response.

I edited acc, gyro sensor register to increase sensitivty ( acc : 2g -> g, gyro : 2000dps/LSB -> 250dps/LSB )

is there another way to increase sensitivity by using software or by using register ?

Labels (1)
1 Solution
markpedley
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Your questions covers both sensitivity (ability to detect a change in orientation) and accuracy (error in the orientation estimate). You should also be aware of sensor noise which makes it difficult to separate a real change from random noise.

The changes you've made will increase sensitivity.

The overall accuracy of the system is determined by the accuracy of the factory accelerometer calibration and the real-time dynamic magnetic calibration. Of these two, the magnetic calibration will be the largest source of error.

To answer your question, there are no easy changes to improve your performance further.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
michaelestanley
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hopefully you changed the register settings AND the iCountsPerDegPerSec and fDegPerSecperCount in the pThisGyro structure in the gyro initialization code in drivers.c.  That should be all that is required.

timronaldo
Contributor II

Thank you very much

0 Kudos
markpedley
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Your questions covers both sensitivity (ability to detect a change in orientation) and accuracy (error in the orientation estimate). You should also be aware of sensor noise which makes it difficult to separate a real change from random noise.

The changes you've made will increase sensitivity.

The overall accuracy of the system is determined by the accuracy of the factory accelerometer calibration and the real-time dynamic magnetic calibration. Of these two, the magnetic calibration will be the largest source of error.

To answer your question, there are no easy changes to improve your performance further.