Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mag3110 temperature readin

Jump to solution
muratakpinar
Contributor I

Hi ,

Im using mag3110 .Im readin die_temp register succesfully .But when Im heating sensor up , the "continously reading data " is not updating .When I switch off sensor -shut down- and run it again then it is updating ?

How can I update it while it is running?

Thanks

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Joshevelle
Senior Contributor I

Hello Murat,

As per your description it looks like the sensor is in “STANDBY” mode. Please take a look at note #2 in page 13 of the datasheet:

http://cache.freescale.com/files/sensors/doc/data_sheet/MAG3110.pdf

"Register contents are preserved when transitioning from “ACTIVE” to “STANDBY” mode."

Please make sure that the sensor is in "ACTIVE" mode otherwise you'd be always reading the same value.

Once you have a valid value in the temperature register, remember that the die temperature sensor is not factory trimmed (as stated by the datasheet). This should be included in the errata soon. You can get around this by trimming the output by software.

Hope it helps =)

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Joshevelle
Senior Contributor I

Hello Murat,

As per your description it looks like the sensor is in “STANDBY” mode. Please take a look at note #2 in page 13 of the datasheet:

http://cache.freescale.com/files/sensors/doc/data_sheet/MAG3110.pdf

"Register contents are preserved when transitioning from “ACTIVE” to “STANDBY” mode."

Please make sure that the sensor is in "ACTIVE" mode otherwise you'd be always reading the same value.

Once you have a valid value in the temperature register, remember that the die temperature sensor is not factory trimmed (as stated by the datasheet). This should be included in the errata soon. You can get around this by trimming the output by software.

Hope it helps =)

0 Kudos