i am looking for a pressure sensor to measure upto 100kpa.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i am looking for a pressure sensor to measure upto 100kpa.

Jump to solution
jagadeshwarredd
Contributor I

i am looking for a pressure sensor to measure upto 100kpa. i have seen mpx2100 is suitable for this..i want to measure pressure of airpump.i want guidance in selecting and using this sensor

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
david_diaz
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Reddy,

First of all, you may refer to the following document in order to get a better understanding of the pressure measurement and level of integration of the NXP pressure sensor.

https://community.nxp.com/docs/DOC-102516

With that in mind, I would like to recommend the following pressure sensor series:

1. Integrated pressure sensors:

2. Compensated pressure sensors:

Please note that the compensated pressure sensors need to add an amplification circuit before sending the sensor’s signal to the MCU’s ADC. The Integrated pressure sensor gives you the complete solution embedded into the same package, so you do not have to worry about adding external circuitry (just probably some decoupling capacitors), the sensor signal can be sent directly to the MCU’s ADC.

Please let me know if you have further questions.

If I misunderstood your question, feel free to let me know.  I will be glad to help.

Have a great day.

David Diaz.

PS: If my answer helps to solve your question, please mark it as "Correct". Thank you.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
jagadeshwarredd
Contributor I

Dear David,

Am waiting for your further guidance

0 Kudos
jagadeshwarredd
Contributor I

Dear Sir,

Thank you,we have selected MPX5100dp.

our application is ,there is a small pipe and air flows from that pipe to small ink tank.

We need to know how much air pressure is there through that pipe or at least whether air flow is there or not?

for that we cut the pipe at one point and connected one end to sensor one hole and another end to another hole of sensor.

we are getting some voltage output as the air is flowing into one hole but the air is not coming out from another hole

Is this the process correct or what the changes we need to make it work ?

please give solution as soon as possible sir

0 Kudos
david_diaz
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Reddy,

First of all, you may refer to the following document in order to get a better understanding of the pressure measurement and level of integration of the NXP pressure sensor.

https://community.nxp.com/docs/DOC-102516

With that in mind, I would like to recommend the following pressure sensor series:

1. Integrated pressure sensors:

2. Compensated pressure sensors:

Please note that the compensated pressure sensors need to add an amplification circuit before sending the sensor’s signal to the MCU’s ADC. The Integrated pressure sensor gives you the complete solution embedded into the same package, so you do not have to worry about adding external circuitry (just probably some decoupling capacitors), the sensor signal can be sent directly to the MCU’s ADC.

Please let me know if you have further questions.

If I misunderstood your question, feel free to let me know.  I will be glad to help.

Have a great day.

David Diaz.

PS: If my answer helps to solve your question, please mark it as "Correct". Thank you.

0 Kudos