cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

battery SOC and SOH

Jump to solution
wenlongzhang
Contributor II

There is a file called DWF13_AMF_AUT_T1043.pdf that describes detailed informations about battery sensor functions.

I was wondering if there be any  detail code for this that can be referenced. For example, how the battery state-of-charge be calculated using mm912j637 etc.

Tags (1)
1 Solution
reyes
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

The first evaluation of the SOC is the Coulomb Counting formula, you can find this formula in page 7 of the DWF13_AMF_AUT_T1043.pdf document: http://cache.freescale.com/files/training/doc/dwf/DWF13_AMF_AUT_T1043.pdf

The MM912_637 and MM9Z1_638 are embedding an internal Coulomb Counter that might be use while into low power mode to minimize the overall current consumption of the product.

Another way to compute the SOC is to measure the Voltage of the Battery while into open condition (Open Circuit Voltage - OCV) as it is linked to the SOC.

OCV = f(SOC)

This equation is related to the battery to monitor. This data should be available at Battery Manufacturer.

The attached software “QuIBS V5 Nobember 2011.zip”, could be a good code example project for MM912J637, it includes most the basic features.

Regards,

Jose Reyes

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
wenlongzhang
Contributor II

I get it! Thanks for your patience Jose.

0 Kudos
reyes
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

The first evaluation of the SOC is the Coulomb Counting formula, you can find this formula in page 7 of the DWF13_AMF_AUT_T1043.pdf document: http://cache.freescale.com/files/training/doc/dwf/DWF13_AMF_AUT_T1043.pdf

The MM912_637 and MM9Z1_638 are embedding an internal Coulomb Counter that might be use while into low power mode to minimize the overall current consumption of the product.

Another way to compute the SOC is to measure the Voltage of the Battery while into open condition (Open Circuit Voltage - OCV) as it is linked to the SOC.

OCV = f(SOC)

This equation is related to the battery to monitor. This data should be available at Battery Manufacturer.

The attached software “QuIBS V5 Nobember 2011.zip”, could be a good code example project for MM912J637, it includes most the basic features.

Regards,

Jose Reyes

0 Kudos
thaingo
Contributor I

Hi Jose, I'm starting kit912j637 with your example project. When i debug, it have error. Please show me how to solve it. Thanks for your help.

Best Regards!

Tahi.

pic2.bmp

0 Kudos