ambiant pressure

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ambiant pressure

nourynoury
Contributor I

hi i would like to measure  the ambient pressure just the ambient pressure i would like to use NPX2100A sensor is it possible

0 Kudos
1 Reply

reyes
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Yes, MPX2100A is an absolute pressure sensor, which means that it measures the local atmospheric pressure (ambient pressure) vs a sealed vacuum chamber, so the output is actually the local ambient pressure.

Now, the MPX2100A is a compensated pressure sensor, this means that it is already in-chip temperature compensated and calibrated, however, an external amplifier network is still needed since the pressure sensor output is given in the milivolts range (from 0 to 40mV), my recommendation would be to use an integrated pressure sensor (integrated pressure sensor is in-chip calibrated, temperature compensated and amplified, the output voltage in the range of the volts, Typ. 0.2 to 4.7V) with a similar pressure range like the MPX5100A

Have a great day,
Jose Reyes

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------