accelerometer with interrupt on relative change in acceleration (not change relative to a constant accelleration)?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

accelerometer with interrupt on relative change in acceleration (not change relative to a constant accelleration)?

tedhuntington
Contributor I

Are there any low-g XYZ Accelerators that can send an interrupt on relative change in acceleration (not absolute acceleration)? This is more useful to me than the freefall or motion detection of interrupt, for example in the MMA8652, which just compares the acceleration to a constant value.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

TomasVaverka
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Ted,

Yes, we do have the FXLS8471Q accelerometer with an embedded vector-magnitude function that can be configured to generate an interrupt when the acceleration magnitude exceeds a preset threshold for a programmed debounce time. This function can be configured to operate in absolute or relative modes and can also act as a wake to sleep/sleep to wake source. For more information please refer to the AN4692.

Regards,

Tomas

PS: If my answer helps to solve your question, please mark it as "Correct" or “Helpful”. Thank you.

0 Kudos