What is the minimum digital resolution unit for the MPXV7002?

キャンセル
次の結果を表示 
表示  限定  | 次の代わりに検索 
もしかして: 

What is the minimum digital resolution unit for the MPXV7002?

916件の閲覧回数
clarityradon
Contributor I

I am trying to determine the minimum output digital resolution of the MPXV7002. For instance, a finished product (sensor unknown) advertises "0.1 Pascal digital resolution units" Do you have this data for the MPXV7002?

ラベル(1)
2 返答(返信)

823件の閲覧回数
TomasVaverka
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello John,

The MPXV7002 series does not have an internal ADC, it consists of purely analog circuitry and produces a continuous output signal or voltage proportional to the input pressure. So, in theory the resolution is infinite, but in practice you need to consider the noise which depends on many factors such as power supply filtering, output filtering, layout etc. That is why we do not specify the noise or resolution.

Having said that, if you connect the MPXV7002 to e.g. a 10-bit ADC powered at 5V, then each ADC step corresponds to ~4.88mV (5V/4096). Then considering the sensitivity of 1V/kPa, one ADC step would correspond to 4.88Pa.

Best regards,

Tomas

PS: If my answer helps to solve your question, please mark it as "Correct" or “Helpful”. Thank you.

823件の閲覧回数
clarityradon
Contributor I

Thank you! That is perfect for one contemplated use case. Do you have a similar product with higher sensitivity?

0 件の賞賛
返信