What is the best sensor that can be mounted onto a PCB board for measuring air and water pressure with minimum of 3 bar

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the best sensor that can be mounted onto a PCB board for measuring air and water pressure with minimum of 3 bar

josephroccisano
Contributor I

I need to integrated a pressure sensor into a pressurised vessel used in microfluidic applications. This vessel will be pressurised with air and with water.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

david_diaz
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Joseph,

We can only warranty that the pressure sensor will work as long as the internal die of the sensor is not in direct contact with the water.

Other media than dry clean air has the potential to dissolve, or be absorbed by the gel and corrupt the die surface or lead to wire-bond breakage.

You may find more information here​.

Please review the following recommendations based on your request:

1. MPXH6300A series: Absolute, Integrated Pressure Sensor, 20 to 300kPa (0.2 to 3 bar).
  2. MPXH6400A series: Absolute, Integrated Pressure Sensor, 20 to 400kPa (0.2 to 4 bar).

These families (MPXH6300A and MPXH6400A) of pressure sensors offers high reliability of on-chip integration in a small form factor, targeting automotive and industrial applications.

• Delivers a state-of-the-art, monolithic, signal-conditioned silicon pressure sensor
  • Combines advanced micro-machining techniques, thin-film metallization and bipolar semiconductor processing to provide an accurate high-level analog output signal, proportional to applied pressure
  • Provides a high-output signal and temperature compensation
  • Presents a logical and economical choice for your system designs

In regard with the package option, MPXH6300A and MPXH6400A series, are available in super small outline package:

package_option.jpg

Please find more information and useful documentation at:

MPXH6300A|Pressure Sensor|NXP

MPXx6400|Pressure Sensor|NXP

Please let me know if this recommendation is useful for you.

If I misunderstood your question, feel free to let me know.  I will be glad to help.

Have a great day.

David Diaz.

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos