We are building a board with the MPX2010 sensor on it. Can we put the MPX2010 sensor through an automated wash process?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are building a board with the MPX2010 sensor on it. Can we put the MPX2010 sensor through an automated wash process?

peterpavlakos
Contributor I

We are building a board with the MPX2010 sensor on it. Can
we put the MPX2010 sensor through an automated wash process?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

david_diaz
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Peter,

Freescale does not provide a recommended procedure for water washing the devices after wave soldering but care should be taken to prevent water from entering the ports.  The P1 side of the device is coated with a protective gel coating. The gel coating protects the active surface of the die and if the gel gets wet, device reliability can be compromised.  Also, the characteristics of the gel change when wet and the device may not perform as specified.  The ports should be covered during the water wash process.

There are some special considerations you should be aware of if you clean the pressure sensor device. Any cleaner that enters the sensor pressure opening may have adverse effects on the device - especially if they are submerging the device in alcohol. So, sealing the access hole on the part with kapton tape is absolutely recommended.

Please be aware about the ultrasonic cleaning, it is possible to cause damage to wire bonds, gel or diaphragms.

I hope this information will be useful for you.

If I misunderstood your question, feel free to let me know.  I will be glad to help.

Have a great day.

David Diaz.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos