cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using sensor fusion without KSDK ?

pierre-marie
Contributor I

Hello,

I'm not an embedded systems expert so pls apologize if this is an obvious question.

I would like to know if it's possible to use the sensor fusion algorithms without using KSDK. I would like to create an mbed OS project for example on K64F or Nucleo F401RE. Is it possible then to use the sensors fusion algorithms as described by the user guide (create structure, sfg.installSensors(), sfg.initializeFusionEngine(), etc.) ? Or it implies a lots of modification tu use an other HAL than KSDK ?

Thank you,

Pierre-Marie

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

pierre-marie
Contributor I

Hum this is too bad :smileysad: Thank you for your answer.

Anyone can confirm ?

Is it so hard to include the files provided in middleware/issk_1.0/algorithms/source in a new project using an others HAL librairie than KSDK ? To have access to the sensor fusion functionnalities

Regards,

Pierre-Marie

0 Kudos

michaelestanley
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Pierre-Marie,

I'm not as pessimistic as Mark.  But it is not a trivial effort, as you need to replace I2C, UART, SPI and GPIO interfaces provided by the KSDK.  The user guide in the KSDK sensor fusion distribution does point out what needs to change.

Mike

0 Kudos

pierre-marie
Contributor I

Thanks you all for your answers.

I will have a closer look on the user guide whem time permits !

Pierre-Marie

0 Kudos

markpedley
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

It's certainly possible but our experience is that software ports to environments involve a significant amount of work and the high potential for introducing errors.

0 Kudos