Using MMA8451Q triaxial acceleration chip to measure inclination, found the trend of the measuring Angle drift with time

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using MMA8451Q triaxial acceleration chip to measure inclination, found the trend of the measuring Angle drift with time

yuanqingdong
Contributor I

Using MMA8451Q triaxial acceleration chip to measure inclination, found the trend of measuring Angle drift with time, fix the 10 MMA8451Q chip on a test platform, some MM8451Q measured Angle drift with time, could you tell me what is this may cause, should how to avoid, thank you.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

david_diaz
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

As mentioned on the case number 00113065, the drift mentioned can be caused by mechanical stress from packing and mounting, device to device variation or caused by the temperature and aging.

To avoid such drift, I mainly recommend to implement an offset calibration and an Auto-Zero technique.

As for Zero-g offset, it is necessary to do a calibration to exactly know what the offset is. Please look at the following documentation that could be useful to implement the auto-zero and the offset calibrations and our recommendations for tilt sensing applications using three-axis accelerometers:

AN4069, “Offset Calibration of the MMA8451, 2, 3Q”

AN3447, “Implementing Auto-Zero Calibration Technique for Accelerometers”

AN3461, “Tilt Sensing using a three-axis Accelerometer”

Please let me know if you have any further question. We are glad to help.

Regards,

David

yuanqingdong
Contributor I

thank you

0 Kudos