Test condition of AN3728(media compatibility)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Test condition of AN3728(media compatibility)

masahirokiniwa
Contributor IV

I consider to use MPXV5010GP with Human Breath.
By AN3728, Standard Fluorosilicone Gel supports Human Breath.
However I care its test condition.
Could you tell me its test conditionand method.
- What is Human Breath?
- How to figure Standard Fluorosilicone Gel supports Human Breath?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

darioarias
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello, Masahiro

Since I don't know the information on how the device was tested, I tried to get in contact with the engineer who wrote the application note AN3827, however turns out it has been long since he left the company, and there is no information on the procedure to test the device, but the outcome of such tests.

The only remaining thing would be for you to validate the functionality in your own application, and as I mention earlier, you should expect positive results.

Regards,

Dario

0 Kudos

darioarias
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Masahiro,

We don't have the detailed information on how the test were made. Pretty sure the test were made with their own breath, so It may as well support some of the chemical components contained in our breath, like CO2  and the inherent humidity.

The application note you mention is an official document characterizing the part, so even though we can only assure that it would work with dry and clean air, the human breath comes pretty close and in the experience with other customers and according to the application note it should be fine with either the florosilicone gel or the media resistant gel.

Regards,

Dario

0 Kudos

masahirokiniwa
Contributor IV

Hello, Dario

Thanks for your answer.

I will use it for one of the reference for our application design, so I need an information how can NXP figure out if the human breath is OK on AN3728.

Could you confirm a reason of the evaluation result on AN3827?

Best regards,

M.Kiniwa

0 Kudos