Se puede utilizar el PCF8883 para detectar la presencia de un combustible

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Se puede utilizar el PCF8883 para detectar la presencia de un combustible

diegoandrade
Contributor I

Necesito detectar la presencia de un combustible que esta dentro de una manguera plástica. Es posible que se pueda utilizar el PCF8883?. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

darioarias
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Diego,

The PCF8883 is capacitive sensor, meaning it will detect anything that cause a change in the capacitance of the device. Certainly, we haven’t try detecting fuel because its target application is as a touch/proximity sensor. However, this not means that it’s the only application, if you find that the presence of fuel change the capacitance, then you can totally use it that way.

Now we do have some other sensors than can help in the final application, just as an example, the pressure sensor MPX5010 can help you detect the fuel by detecting changes in the pressure of the hose, even though it is not completely suitable for fuel, we have the Media Compatibility application note, that describes the correct method for measuring pressure in an environment different than air. 

P.S. I kindly remind you that this is an international community, and you question might be helpful for someone else, because of this I’d like to ask you to post your questions in English so everyone can understand.

Dario

0 Kudos