Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Relative accuracy of the MPXV5100DP

Jump to solution
clausen
Contributor I

Hi,

We are using the MPXV5100DP pressure sensor in relative mode, meaning that we use an offset to always start from 0 for our measurement. The datasheet says that the maximum error is +-2.5kPa / 25 mbar. However, I believe this is the absolute accuracy. Is there a measure for the relative accuracy? To illustrate, it says the following as foot note for the accuracy:

Accuracy (error budget) consists of the following: Linearity: [...] Temperature hysteresis: [...] Pressure hysteresis: [...] TcSpan: [...] TcOffset: [...] Variation from nominal: The variation from nominal values, for offset or full-scale span, as a percent of VFSS at 25 °C.

How do I get the accuracy without the last item, the variation form nominal? Because my measurement is relative, I do not care if the two sensor are completely offset in the beginning. But the accuracy of the linearity etc. does matter. 

Thanks,

Clemens

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
reyes
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Clemens,

I apologize for the inconvenience, but unfortunately relative accuracy for the MPXV5100DP have not been characterized, only the Accuracy (error budget), that you can see in the device datasheet.

Have a great day,
Jose

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
reyes
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Clemens,

I apologize for the inconvenience, but unfortunately relative accuracy for the MPXV5100DP have not been characterized, only the Accuracy (error budget), that you can see in the device datasheet.

Have a great day,
Jose

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos