Radar for Autonomous Driving

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Radar for Autonomous Driving

LT97
Contributor I

I'm working on a autonomus driving project and I'm interested with S32R274. We will be experimenting on a robot (JetRacer), not on a car. What would you suggest? Can I easily integrate this product into Jetson Nano? My expectation from this test kit is that it responds to the commands I send from the Jetson Nano and informs me of the speed of the vehicle in front of it and the distance between it and the vehicle in front of it. If you do not think this product is suitable, can you explain why? And if you would like to suggest a new product, please do not hesitate.
Thank you.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

petervlna
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

S32R274 offers many standard communication interfaces as CAN, LIN, SPI, ENET, etc.. so the connection with other devices is possible.

My expectation from this test kit is that it responds to the commands I send from the Jetson Nano and informs me of the speed of the vehicle in front of it and the distance between it and the vehicle in front of it. If you do not think this product is suitable, can you explain why?

Hmm, I am bit confused as it seems you are talking about S32R274 End-to-End Reference Design Kit and not S32R274 microcontroller.

https://www.nxp.com/design/designs/s32r274-end-to-end-reference-design-kit:RDK-S32R274

I have no knowledge on Jetson Nano device, so I cannot comment if it corresponds to any commands.

But for radar kit you simply configure, build application and load it to the device. Device will communicate via Ethernet to PC, where the data are displayed.

For communication with other devices you will need to develop communication interface.

If you want to simply overtake RAW data, this is possible. Please have a look at quick start guide to get a picture what radar kit is capable of:

https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/application-note/AN12938.pdf

Best regards,

Peter

0 Kudos