RD4247FXOS8700 with 6-Axis E-Compass sensor FXOS8700CQ - read wia USB serial port

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RD4247FXOS8700 with 6-Axis E-Compass sensor FXOS8700CQ - read wia USB serial port

Jump to solution
tomášgroulík
Contributor I

Hi. We bought sensor development kit RD4247FXOS8700 with 6-Axis E-Compass sensor FXOS8700CQ. We want to read data through USB serial port. But it doesn't work in factory setting! In atasheet we found out, that it must be re-programmed via PE Micro USB multilink. Is there any other way how to read data wia USB serial port without re-programming, or we are forsed to buy PE Micro USB multilink?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
TomasVaverka
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Tomas,

Attached you can find the document describing the protocol that allows communication with the RD4247FXOS8700 without any need of re-programming it.

I hope it helps.

Regards,

Tomas

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
TomasVaverka
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Tomas,

I am still trying to get a documentation of the communication protocol which is implemented in the MC9S08QE8 by default. I hope I will receive it by the end of this week.

Regards,

Tomas

PS: If my answer helps to solve your question, please mark it as "Correct" or “Helpful”. Thank you.

0 Kudos
TomasVaverka
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Tomas,

Attached you can find the document describing the protocol that allows communication with the RD4247FXOS8700 without any need of re-programming it.

I hope it helps.

Regards,

Tomas

0 Kudos
chrissnowden
Contributor I

Hello,

This is an excellent document! I was able to quickly follow the information and get streaming data from the LFSTBEB3110 and LFSTBUSB combination. I am noticing however that the MAG data is all zeros and the ACC data doesn't change. I varied the I2C address per the data sheets for the MAG3110 part without success. Is there a guide for doing this same procedure with the LFSTBEB3110 ?

Thanks,

Chris

0 Kudos
JackITB
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Chris,

Here is the document for LFSTBEB3110 demokit.

Bridge protocol and data format are the same as for FXOS8700 kit.

I did a quick check at my side so I hope it will be fine for you as well, let me know otherwise.

Regards,     Jacques.

0 Kudos
tomášgroulík
Contributor I

Thank you very much. I'll try it and then I'll let you know, if it works.

Best Regards,

Tomas

0 Kudos