cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RD4247FXOS8700 datasheet

Jump to solution
jimkay
Contributor I

Just purchased this eval. board and can't find a datasheet or at least a schematic anywhere.

Can somebody help me?

Does this board have i2c?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
TomasVaverka
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Jim,

Attached you can find the schematic of the USB-interface + adapter board (SCH-USB_interface&adapter boards.pdf) and the sensor board with the FXOS8700CQ (SCH-FXOS8700CQ sensor board.pdf).

There is the Sensor Toolbox Software (v6.1.0.1) for the RD4247FXOS8700 that basically provides an eCompass application with hard- and soft-iron calibration algorithms. For more information on this application have a look at the User’s Guide or this blog post written by Mike Stanley.

It is also possible to access the FXOS8700CQ from generic terminal program such as HyperTerminal using the commands described in the AN4460.

In this case, the MC9S08QE8 MCU on the Sensor Toolbox board needs to be reprogrammed with the Command Line Interface driver (AN4460SW v1.2) as described in detail in the AN4460.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Tomas

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
14 Replies
TomasVaverka
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Jim,

Attached you can find the schematic of the USB-interface + adapter board (SCH-USB_interface&adapter boards.pdf) and the sensor board with the FXOS8700CQ (SCH-FXOS8700CQ sensor board.pdf).

There is the Sensor Toolbox Software (v6.1.0.1) for the RD4247FXOS8700 that basically provides an eCompass application with hard- and soft-iron calibration algorithms. For more information on this application have a look at the User’s Guide or this blog post written by Mike Stanley.

It is also possible to access the FXOS8700CQ from generic terminal program such as HyperTerminal using the commands described in the AN4460.

In this case, the MC9S08QE8 MCU on the Sensor Toolbox board needs to be reprogrammed with the Command Line Interface driver (AN4460SW v1.2) as described in detail in the AN4460.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Tomas

0 Kudos
alexandertimosh
Contributor I

Hello,

> In this case, the MC9S08QE8 MCU on the Sensor Toolbox board needs to be reprogrammed with the Command Line Interface driver (AN4460SW v1.2) as described in detail in the AN4460.

How can I reprogram RD4247FXOS8700 with the Command Line Interface driver if I don't have a PE Micro multilink device?

As I understand, RD4247FXOS8700 has a bootloader and the Xtrinsic demo software uploads the 6DOF-STANDALONE-FW-BL.abs.s19 to work wit eCompas.

Help me please

Thanks,

Alex

0 Kudos
cui
Contributor I

I have the same question, there is also a way without a PE micro multilink device cable?

0 Kudos
TomasVaverka
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

No. To reprogram the MC9S08QE8 on the adapter (middle) board with the command line interface driver you will need a P&E USB BDM Multilink or CyclonePro or other programmers.

Regards,

Tomas

0 Kudos
wangxin
Contributor I

hello Tomas,

I have a problem about RD4247FXOS8700.

I erase the MC9S08QE8' flash & programmed it with the 6DOF-STANDALONE-FW-BL.abs.s19  by HCS08 open source BDM.

But after those steps, the sensor tollbox Vers 6.1.0.1 can't find the RD4247FXOS8700 anymore. Did I do anything wrong? How can I solve the problem?

2.jpg 1.jpg

Thanks,

Wang

0 Kudos
TomasVaverka
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Wang,

You need to program the MC9S08QE8 MCU with the Bootloader.s19 file that is part of the AN4460SW.

Then follow the instructions given in Chapter 5 of the AN4460.

Regards,

Tomas

0 Kudos
wangxin
Contributor I

Hello Tomas,

I have followed the instructions given in Chapter 5 of the AN4460, but it did not work. The only difference is  the document use a P&E_Multilink while I use a HCS08 open source BDM .

error.jpg

Regards,

Wang

0 Kudos
cui
Contributor I

Thank you.

Is there a way in the sensor tollbox Vers 6.1.0.1 adjust the sampling rate? The field for setting is grayed out.

grayed.jpg

What i want is, to log accelaration data from with the sensor toolbox with different ODR settings.

or is there another way

0 Kudos
TomasVaverka
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Unfortunately there is no way to adjust the sampling rate in this application.

Regards,

Tomas

0 Kudos
alexandertimosh
Contributor I

Hello Tomas,

I've just got the RD4247FXOS8700.

Could you give me the schematic of the LFSTBUSB board?

Regards,

Alex

0 Kudos
Joshevelle
Senior Contributor I

Hello Alex,

Please find the requested schematic attached.

Have fun!

Josh

0 Kudos
alexandertimosh
Contributor I

Hello Josh,

Thank you!

Regards,

Alex

0 Kudos
jimkay
Contributor I

Can you order the FXOS8700CQ Dip Board only?

0 Kudos
TomasVaverka
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Jim,

As you can see here, it is possible to order the complete kit (USB-interface + adapter + sensor board) only.

Regards,

Tomas

0 Kudos