Questions for receiving the NTM88 example

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions for receiving the NTM88 example

israelfelix
Contributor III

To configure my RF receiver, I need the settings present in the NTM88 example code such as: carrier frequency (434MHz? Could it be 433.92MHz?), transmission rate (maximum 19200 bauds?), but mainly the deviation. Another question is whether the CRC sent uses all values as 1 or as 0?

0 Kudos
5 Replies

JozefKozon
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Dear Israel,

for the code examples to the NTM88, please refer to the NTM88 product page. The code examples are under the Software part.

JozefKozon_0-1712819525165.png

With Best Regards,

Jozef

0 Kudos

israelfelix
Contributor III

Thanks for the answer! I already have the code example, I'm looking for the NTM88's default RF settings, specifically whether the CRC sends 0 or 1, and the derivation value when at 433mhz.

0 Kudos

JozefKozon
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Dear Israel,

please see below an answer from the application engineer.

DESCRIPTION

The default values of the registers are indicated in the user manual. See the “Reset” row in the register description: it contains the values of the different bits when the RF block is turned ON.

JozefKozon_0-1713170590084.png

With Best Regards,

Jozef

0 Kudos

JozefKozon
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Dear Israel,

please see below an answer from an application engineer I have contacted.

DESCRIPTION

The RF block is initialized in the u8InitRf() function located in main.c

This is where the registers controlling the frequency, baud rate, frequency deviation… are configured.

JozefKozon_0-1712895947075.png

To see the correspondence between register values and frequency, baud rate… please refer to the user manual which details all registers:

https://www.nxp.com/webapp/Download?colCode=UM11227&appType=license

With Best Regards,

Jozef

israelfelix
Contributor III

Thank you Josef for trying to help me with the problem! Reading the code, check that there is the following account explained: "434.0083 - 433.9131 = +/- 47.6kHz" Would this be the derivation rate of the central frequency? Or is it related to BFREQ/AFREQ = 3.17 kHz?

0 Kudos