Porting SensorFusion to the LPC408x?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting SensorFusion to the LPC408x?

pavelhaintz
Contributor II

Since Freescale is now one big happy family with NXP, are there any plans to port to Sensor Fusion Library to the LPC408x?

What would be the best way to approach it?

Looking at the library the hardest would be porting the MQX parts?

What would be the easiest RTOS to use on the LPC4088 for the port?

Labels (1)
3 Replies

pavelhaintz
Contributor II

Hi Mike

Thank you for the detailed update.

Would you be able to share the bare-metal version of the library?

Thanks,

Pavel

0 Kudos

michaelestanley
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Pavel,  I think it is premature to share it just yet.  We haven't done our own code reviews or updated the documentation.

Mike

0 Kudos

michaelestanley
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Pavel,

Apologies, I somehow missed this one last week.  We are not specifically targeting the LPC408x, although we ARE working on a next generation that will pull in support for some legacy NXP parts.  There are lots of things changing, and many people engaged in the updates.  So I'll give you a general overview:

• CodeWarrior support is disappering (this was already planned in advance of the merger)
  • Processor Expert support is disappearing (also already planned)
  • MQX support is disappearing (also already planned)
  • We will have a thin sensor driver layer(s) sitting on top of KSDK.  At the same time, we're working to ensure that we can set those levels on top of equivalent driver levels for legacy NXP parts.
  • We have refactored the sensor fusion library to be RTOS independent.  You can write an application using bare-metal or with RTOS.  KEX supports FreeRTOS and microCOS II/III, so we will supply example projects for these.  I have FreeRTOS and bare-metal working now. But again, the fusion library will be RTOS agnostic.
  • The sensor fusion library will sit on top of the sensor driver level mentioned above.
  • We will probably distribute the updated sensor fusion library as part of the online Kinetis Expert (KEX) tool.
  • Target delivery is late 2nd or early 3rd quarter.

The project described above is quite dynamic, and constantly changing.  But this is our current intent.

Regards,

Mike