cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting ISSDK Sensor Fusion Library to Other Boards

Jump to solution
quy_d_x_nguyen
Contributor I

Is there a section in the User Guide or another .pdf that gives me pointers on how to port the Sensor Fusion Library to other boards?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
AmitPurohit
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Quy Nguyen,

There is no porting guide available for sensor fusion library. But there is a user guide available for sensor fusion that provides high level architecture as part of section#4 (providing snapshot below). Also it provides details of various sub-systems and functions along with data structures.

pastedImage_3.png

You can refer to available sensor fusion library documents (user guide, API reference manual etc) by downloading supported sensor kits SDK from https://mcuxpresso.nxp.com. Providing below a snapshot of SDK documentation for FRDM-K64F-AGM01 kit where you can find sensor fusion library documentation:

pastedImage_1.png

pastedImage_2.png

Regards,

Amit Purohit.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
AmitPurohit
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Quy Nguyen,

There is no porting guide available for sensor fusion library. But there is a user guide available for sensor fusion that provides high level architecture as part of section#4 (providing snapshot below). Also it provides details of various sub-systems and functions along with data structures.

pastedImage_3.png

You can refer to available sensor fusion library documents (user guide, API reference manual etc) by downloading supported sensor kits SDK from https://mcuxpresso.nxp.com. Providing below a snapshot of SDK documentation for FRDM-K64F-AGM01 kit where you can find sensor fusion library documentation:

pastedImage_1.png

pastedImage_2.png

Regards,

Amit Purohit.

0 Kudos
quy_d_x_nguyen
Contributor I

Alright, I ported it another board and I have everything working, but the Compass drift is unacceptably high. I'll run everything sensor_fusion.c/.h and fusion .c/.h through a diff checker to make sure I didn't break anything. Are there any other parts of the subsystems that can cause this bug?

Edit: I've ruled out sensor_fusion.h/.c and fusion.h/.c. My sensors are mounted on an AGM-01 with the stock HAL, and I've verified that the directions do match my reference K64F-AGM01. I've also ruled out calibration data storage as calibration data saves and restores successfully.

0 Kudos
AmitPurohit
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Quy Nguyen,

Good to know that you were able to follow documentation and reference example project to port sensor fusion library to another board. It will interesting to know which platform/board you are porting to and how you are verifying your successful porting. Please share these details.

Also verify whether magnetic calibration is happening properly, you can look into magnetic.c/magnetic.h files.

Regards,

Amit Purohit.

0 Kudos
quy_d_x_nguyen
Contributor I

I'm porting to an STM32F4 with the AGM 01 shield. In later versions it'll

be on a custom PCB of course, but for now it's just that.

I'll be testing Magnetic Calibration later. I'm currently working on 6DOF

GBY "Gaming Headset", and the drift seems a little high. I can't find what

expected drift of the algorithm is, but I'm getting 1 degree of drift over

30 seconds.

On Thu, Jun 27, 2019 at 12:26 PM amitpurohit <admin@community.nxp.com>

0 Kudos
AmitPurohit
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Quy Nguyen,

Can you share details about your testing environment and test log? Are you using NXP sensor fusion toolbox (https://www.nxp.com/webapp/sps/download/license.jsp?colCode=SENSORFUSIONREV7) to visualize sensor fusion library output?

Regards,

Amit Purohit.

0 Kudos