Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PN7462AU Secondary bootloader UART

mravi
Contributor III

Hi ,

I was working with PN7462AU OTA referring the document "AN10995
LPC1100 secondary bootloader" application note.I tried porting the secondary bootloader code. I am able to jumb from seconday bootloader to application image area when both images are flashed to corresponding location manually. I have followed the 'interrupt redirection method' specified in the document.

Now I am working on image reception via UART in secondary bootloader side. Since interrupt redirection is there , I need to write this code without using interrupts. I am not able to find any sample code for uart sending and reception without interrupts .

Can anyone help me in this ? 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies

m_sedlak
Contributor I

Hi,

Where did you find out the "vector table offsets" for setting the "redirecting" code? You took EIRQ# from table 28 (UM10858) and used this as offset (meaning, timer0/1/2/3 = 0x00 offset, CLIF = 0x08 offset, etc)? 

Thanks for reply.

Best Regards,

Milan

0 Kudos

sachin_singh
Contributor II

Hi Midhun V R & Kan_Li,

I am glade to see your Q & A for the secondary boot-loader for the PN7462AU.

From last couple of weeks I am trying to figure out the boot-loader code for PN7462AU.

I am looking for the firmware upgrade using USB.

I need the secondary USB based boot-loader for further firmware upgrades.

So, I would like to request to you that can you guide me for the USB based secondary boot-loader.

Your support is highly appreciative.

Looking forward for your kind support.

Regards

0 Kudos

Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Sachin,

There is an app note on that topic, though it is for LPC, but should also be helpful. Please kindly refer to https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/application-note/AN11732.zip (LPC11U3x/2x USB Secondary Bootloader) for details.

Hope that helps,

Have a great day,
Kan

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!
- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

From my point of view, polling for the ISR status register in an infinite loop can take place of the ISR, but that is not an efficient way. You may refer to HIF_IRQHandler() for details on the implementation.

Have a great day,
Kan

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

mravi
Contributor III

I tried this before and it worked . Thanks

Is there any way I could read the flash contents in command line ? GUI flasher tool in IDE dont have flash read back option. Basically I need to know the image I am writing is loading at correct location

0 Kudos

amarayya
Contributor I

is it possible me to get the example code and testing steps of the same.

0 Kudos

Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

I think the memory viewer can be used for that purpose during debug.

pastedImage_1.png

Have a great day,
Kan

Note:

0 Kudos