Mpr121 is hung , not responding

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mpr121 is hung , not responding

chaitanyamuppal
Contributor I

I am using mpr121 as a touch sensor , I am using 6  electrodes, touch threshold 10 , release threshold 6,  debounce 0x22 . with this config , touch is working fine but after some time , mpr121 is not responding at all. what can be problem? .  Note: with debounce 0x33  I am not getting any issues.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

reyes
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi chaitanya muppala,

The Debounce register maintains the accuracy of touch and releases by further improving the performance. The debounce allows two different settings to prevent bounce in the end system. If the value is set to 0x22, the requirement would be three sequential changes in status before the change would be recognized. But when you change it to 0x33 you are adding one (1) more sequential change, so you now have four sequential changes in status before the change would be recognized.

In your case, it is possible that the problem solves adding this debounce because this also used to eliminate the remainder of dramatic change of the signal that aren’t really touches.

Have a great day,
Jose Reyes

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos