Maintenance of pressure sensor

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maintenance of pressure sensor

hemnathdevadoss
Contributor I

I have bought mpxv7002dp and have no problem with it regarding the hardware and software. After days of usage, the sensor is occupied with dust particles and I cannot use it. Regarding the maintenance of the sensor, can i add a filter to avoid dust particles, so that once the dust particles are occupied on the filter itselft and i can clean and reuse it without affecting the sensor. What kind of filter will be effective and should not disturb the input pressure. Kindly clarify. 

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

lisettelozano
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Hemnath,

A physical barrier between the sensor and the media to isolate the sensor; however, we do not have a specific recommendation for a filter to protect the sensor as per our customers are urged to conduct their own in-house evaluations and characterizations to determine if our devices are suitable for use in their non-clean dry air applications. I apologize for this inconvenience.

Another technique used by some customers is placing a silicone grease fill over the P1 surface to protect the die and gel coat. The grease fill is done under vacuum to avoid air bubbles. Usually, an offset calibration is necessary because the grease creates some mechanical stress that may shift the offset value.

I hope this information can be helpful.

Have a great day,

Paulina

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos