cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MPXV6115V application and placement

edwin_cho
Contributor I

Hi,

Can I place MPXV6115V module in the vacuum or does it require a differential pressure? I am wondering how people use MPXV6115V6U, since it does not have a place to mount a tube like MPXV6115VC6U. Thank you

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

reyes
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Typically, the un-ported vacuum kind of pressure sensors like the MPXV6115V6U are used for measure the pressure inside of vacuum chambers, however, the bottom part of the sensor should be placed outside the chamber, otherwise pressure measurement would not be possible. If you need to connect the sensor to a tube (trough a hose for example), the ported version of the sensor would be recommended (MPXV6115VC6U).

These Vacuum/Gauge pressure sensors have a hole underneath the package since the local atmospheric pressure is used as the reference for the measurement.  

Mechanically speaking, it is a challenge to use the MPXV6115V6U (un-ported version), so, for test purposes I recommend you to use the MPXV6115VC6U (ported version). Both work exactly in the same way, the only difference is the ported/un-ported package.

Have a great day,
Jose

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos