MPX5700 sensors-Compatibility with Propylene Glycol?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MPX5700 sensors-Compatibility with Propylene Glycol?

Jump to solution
arashbeikayee
Contributor I

Hello,

I would like to purchase the MPX5700GP pressure sensors and build a prototype and greatly appreciate if someone can help me with these questions:

-Is this sensor compatible with Propylene Glycol?

-Is there an "Evalaution PCB" so I can purchase for my test purposes

-How can I get a hold of a technical person at Freescale and ask my questions directlym, is there a phone number?

Thank you and best Regards,

Arash Beikayee

Eaton Corporation

0 Kudos
1 Solution
reyes
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Arash Beikayee,

- Please note that our pressure sensors are designed and warranted for use in clean dry air, any different will have some impact on the reliability and lifetime of the product.

Media compatibility information:

In general, our pressure sensors were designed and are warranted for use in clean dry air only. Our media compatibility disclaimer suggests that our customers are responsible for determining media compatibility in other environments. Customers are urged to conduct their own in-house evaluations and characterizations to determine if our devices are suitable for use in their non-clean dry air environment. Our devices are not compatible with petroleum based media.

However, we offer application notes that give some ideas for using this devices in different environments: Application Note AN3728, http://cache.freescale.com/files/sensors/doc/app_note/AN3728.pdf

- Currently, there is no Evaluation Board for this device available from Freescale.

- We have Live chat and Phone Support but only for sales questions. For technical questions you can post your questions directly here in the Freescale Technical Communities (just has you did) or creating a Service Request in www.freescale.com/support

Have a great day,
Jose Reyes

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
reyes
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Arash Beikayee,

- Please note that our pressure sensors are designed and warranted for use in clean dry air, any different will have some impact on the reliability and lifetime of the product.

Media compatibility information:

In general, our pressure sensors were designed and are warranted for use in clean dry air only. Our media compatibility disclaimer suggests that our customers are responsible for determining media compatibility in other environments. Customers are urged to conduct their own in-house evaluations and characterizations to determine if our devices are suitable for use in their non-clean dry air environment. Our devices are not compatible with petroleum based media.

However, we offer application notes that give some ideas for using this devices in different environments: Application Note AN3728, http://cache.freescale.com/files/sensors/doc/app_note/AN3728.pdf

- Currently, there is no Evaluation Board for this device available from Freescale.

- We have Live chat and Phone Support but only for sales questions. For technical questions you can post your questions directly here in the Freescale Technical Communities (just has you did) or creating a Service Request in www.freescale.com/support

Have a great day,
Jose Reyes

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos