cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MPX2300DT1 nozzle

mikedrebby
Contributor II

Hi all,

The MPX2300DT1 looks interesting for mass production and I am thinking of using it as a replacement for the MPXM2-xxx sensor that I am using for my product.

Each time I look at the nozzle of the MPX2300 I wonder how it could be connected to a hose since the nozzle is too short...anyone tried this sensor before?

GE4423A-40.jpg

Best regards.

Mike

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Joshevelle
Senior Contributor I

Hello Mike,

The MPX2300DT1 is only available in "Chip Pack Package", which is intended for medical applications:

• Medical Diagnostics

• Infusion Pumps

• Blood Pressure Monitors

• Pressure Catheter Applications

• Patient Monitoring

A custom housing should be manufactured/buy depending on the customer's final application. This is an example of a custom housing for a medical application:

MPXC2011DT1.JPG.jpg

What is your application pressure range? we might have another solution for you.

Hope it helps.

Josh

0 Kudos

raff5184
Contributor II

Hi Josh, 

where could this type of housing be purchased or how can it be fabricated?

thanks

0 Kudos

mikedrebby
Contributor II

Hi Joshevelle and thank you for your quick reply.

My application is air pressure switch. I am using at the moment the MPXM2053GS which has a comparable pressure range (0 to 50 Kpa).

The MPXM2053GS has a nice nozzle which can be connected to a hose/tube.

I am happy with the performance of the MPXM2053GS but in mass production it would be more beneficial if there is a comparable sensor at a lower price.

With the MPXM2053GS I measure pressure from 10 to 180 Kpa (after playing with the offset and gain of the opamp). I assume I can do more or less the same with the MPX2300.

According to the datasheet of the MPXM2053GS it can handle 200Kpa, so fa so good. the datasheet of MPX2300 say it can handle 125 PSI.

Best regards,

Mike

0 Kudos