Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MPX2300 pressure sensor damaged

Jump to solution
joe7
Contributor II

Hi

For medical applications, the use of silicone oil (liquid) for pressure conduction is used to measure the height difference between point A and point B. Currently we have tried many types of silicone oil, which can damage the sensor and no longer work, but we have also seen other similar products used. The liquid is not water, but we don't know what it is, it has a density of 0.9. I was wondering if there are any recommended liquids, thanks.

best regards

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
1 Solution
TomasVaverka
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Joe,

I do fully understand your question.

What I can say about the MPX2300DT1 is that the gel coating is on the backside of the device where a little nose is:

3.png

Attached you can find the documentation for both the gel, opaque filler and molding compound. The pigment id Ferro 61-88450. It is mixed 4% with the Dow Corning 7-9600 gel.

BR, Tomas

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
TomasVaverka
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Joe,

I do fully understand your question.

What I can say about the MPX2300DT1 is that the gel coating is on the backside of the device where a little nose is:

3.png

Attached you can find the documentation for both the gel, opaque filler and molding compound. The pigment id Ferro 61-88450. It is mixed 4% with the Dow Corning 7-9600 gel.

BR, Tomas

0 Kudos
joe7
Contributor II

Hi TomasVakerka,

Are there any recommended liquid media for medical applications, or have there been any successful cases of similar customers? Thank you very much.

best regards,

Joe

0 Kudos
joe7
Contributor II
Hi TomasVaverka,

Thank you very much for your answer.

We have learned that the gel coating on the mold should not contact with water, and water or any other liquid can penetrate the gel and reach the mold and damage the sensor. Sorry for my ignorance, but I still cannot understand the attachment and answer you gave me. Would you like to give me a detailed answer again.

best regards,
Joe
0 Kudos