Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MPX2050DP common mode voltage

Jump to solution
CorruptedCore
Contributor I

Hello

I'm trying to measure pressure with the MPX2050DP pressure sensor and an external differential ADC. Can somebody tell me what is the common mode voltage of the differential output? I cannot find this information in the device datasheet, only that the differential voltage is 0~40mV.

Thank you in advance.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
reyes
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

The common mode, or the voltage measured between pins 2 (Vout+) or 4 (Vout-) to ground, is equal to approximately one half of the voltage applied to the sensor.

Common-mode and span scale are dependent of the supply voltage.

The reason of why the Common Mode Pressure Value is not in the datasheets, is because we have not test the sensors lately, the value that I’m giving to you is the value of the initial tests (when the sensor came on the market), so I really recommend you to make a test with the sensors before you to take out your application.

In case you are referring to the measurement pressure range, 0 to 50 kPa is the pressure measurement range for this device in the voltage range from 0 to 40mV, and max pressure this device can handle before getting damaged is 200kPa.

The output voltage would be saturated at 40mV in pressure above 50kPa.

Regards,

Jose

View solution in original post

1 Reply
reyes
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

The common mode, or the voltage measured between pins 2 (Vout+) or 4 (Vout-) to ground, is equal to approximately one half of the voltage applied to the sensor.

Common-mode and span scale are dependent of the supply voltage.

The reason of why the Common Mode Pressure Value is not in the datasheets, is because we have not test the sensors lately, the value that I’m giving to you is the value of the initial tests (when the sensor came on the market), so I really recommend you to make a test with the sensors before you to take out your application.

In case you are referring to the measurement pressure range, 0 to 50 kPa is the pressure measurement range for this device in the voltage range from 0 to 40mV, and max pressure this device can handle before getting damaged is 200kPa.

The output voltage would be saturated at 40mV in pressure above 50kPa.

Regards,

Jose