cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MPX2010GP issue with voltage output

house_burn
Contributor I

Hi there,

I am using the MPX2010GP pressure sensor to measure drop in pressure from airflow across sports fabrics. We expect a pressure drop of around 100Pa. There is currently an issue with the analog voltage output from the Pin 2 of the sensor. 

The datasheet says that at max rated gauge pressure of 10kPa the voltage output should be 25mV, but when measured using an RS PRO digital multi-meter I get a value of ~2.8V. The bench power supply used to provide the 10V to Pin 3 of the sensor is from TTI EL302 PSU 0-30V,2A. I have repeated this with another MPX2010GP to check the original is not faulty. Everything is connected using a breadboard and jumper wires for prototyping.

Please could someone let me know what the potential issue with sensor or set up is here.

Pin connections are:

Pin 1: (Power supply) GND

Pin 2: Multi-meter

Pin 3: +10V

Pin 4: GND

Thank you,

Sean

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

TomasVaverka
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Sean,

It seems you are measuring the voltage on +Vout (pin 2) with respect to GND.

However, this is not correct, you should measure the differential voltage between +Vout (pin 2) and -Vout (pin 4).

Capture.JPG

BR, Tomas

0 Kudos

house_burn
Contributor I
Hi Tomas,

For the MPX2010GP it is a single gauge pressure sensor that I am looking to measure the pressure at a specific point, in this case where would the Pin 4 connect to as it is not a differential output.

Thanks,
Sean
0 Kudos

TomasVaverka
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Sean,

Please see the answer on this topic from my colleague here.

BR, Tomas

0 Kudos