cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MPL3115A2 alternate i2c addresses

Jump to solution
erikd
Contributor I

Hello, I'm using the MPL3115A2 Pressure/Altitude sensor for a project. I'm going to have to use several of these on the same i2c line. However, it seems like you can only purchase this sensor with an i2c address of 0x60. Is there any way to purchase these chips with different addresses? Or modify the sensor for alternate addresses (e.g. certain chips have address pins that you can bring high or low to change the address)?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
TomasVaverka
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Erik,

You are right, unfortunately the MPL3115A2 does not have address select pins, so the fixed 7-bit slave address is 0x60. 

For small quantities, I would recommend using an I2C multiplexer such as the NXP PCA9544A.

For big quantities, we might be able to change the slave address. If it is your case, please send me a direct message with more information about your application, volumes, production data and what addresses you would like. I will forward the information to the product line and write you back once I get a response.

Regards,

Tomas

PS: If my answer helps to solve your question, please mark it as "Correct". Thank you.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
TomasVaverka
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Erik,

You are right, unfortunately the MPL3115A2 does not have address select pins, so the fixed 7-bit slave address is 0x60. 

For small quantities, I would recommend using an I2C multiplexer such as the NXP PCA9544A.

For big quantities, we might be able to change the slave address. If it is your case, please send me a direct message with more information about your application, volumes, production data and what addresses you would like. I will forward the information to the product line and write you back once I get a response.

Regards,

Tomas

PS: If my answer helps to solve your question, please mark it as "Correct". Thank you.

erikd
Contributor I

Thanks for the help. I would only need about 3 or 4 of these sensors, so it sounds like an i2c multiplexer is my best bet.

0 Kudos