cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MP3V5010 offset sits at 0.8V not 1/2 of VSS

Jump to solution
jerrykorten
Contributor I

What is the reason for this? I would expect 1/2 of VSS or 1.5V nominally. Does this mean the pressure transducer does not respond equally to positive and negative pressures? If it is OK for + and -, then do you recommend a level shifting schema (instrumentation amp in my application would be expensive)? Or is there another transducer that you'd recommend instead that runs at 3V?

Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
TomasVaverka
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Jerry,

The MP3V5010 series of integrated pressure sensors is designed to measure a differential pressure in a single direction only (P1 > P2). As shown in the device datasheet (Table 1, Figure 4), the offset should be in the range of 0.1V - 0.38V and the output voltage of this sensor increases with increasing pressure applied to the pressure side (P1) relative to the vacuum side (P2). Similarly, output voltage increases as increasing vacuum is applied to the vacuum side (P2) relative to the pressure side (P1).

For your application, I would recommend considering either the MPXV7007 (+/- 7kPa) or MPXV7025 (+/- 25kPa) family of integrated bi-directional pressure sensors. These devices are capable of measuring both the positive and negative pressure with the offset at Vs/2.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Regards,

Tomas

PS: If my answer helps to solve your question, please mark it as "Correct" or “Helpful”. Thank you.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
TomasVaverka
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Jerry,

The MP3V5010 series of integrated pressure sensors is designed to measure a differential pressure in a single direction only (P1 > P2). As shown in the device datasheet (Table 1, Figure 4), the offset should be in the range of 0.1V - 0.38V and the output voltage of this sensor increases with increasing pressure applied to the pressure side (P1) relative to the vacuum side (P2). Similarly, output voltage increases as increasing vacuum is applied to the vacuum side (P2) relative to the pressure side (P1).

For your application, I would recommend considering either the MPXV7007 (+/- 7kPa) or MPXV7025 (+/- 25kPa) family of integrated bi-directional pressure sensors. These devices are capable of measuring both the positive and negative pressure with the offset at Vs/2.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Regards,

Tomas

PS: If my answer helps to solve your question, please mark it as "Correct" or “Helpful”. Thank you.

0 Kudos
jerrykorten
Contributor I

Aha! Well I certainly missed the fact that P1>P2 was a mandatory condition. Thank you.

0 Kudos