MP3V5004 datasheet - 2 pinouts listed, which applies?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MP3V5004 datasheet - 2 pinouts listed, which applies?

Jump to solution
RPAlex
Contributor I

I need help on Datasheet MP3V5004G Rev 2, 06/2010. There are pinouts (Style 1 and 2) indicated on each of pages 8 and 11, but nowhere is there anything to indicate which one applies where. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution
diazmarin09
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Thank you for using the NXP community.

You are correct, in this case, the STYLE 2 is useful for the differential sensors.

diazmarin09_0-1701452155983.png

Please note that a differential pressure sensors are used when the application calls for measuring the difference between two pressure points. One side of the sensor is hooked up to one pressure point, and the other side is hooked up to a different pressure point.

Thank you very much for your comments. I received your feedback and it was forwarded to the corresponding team.

Regards,

David

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
RPAlex
Contributor I

I'm looking at  MP3V5004GP, DP and GVP.

0 Kudos
diazmarin09
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

The STYLE 2 will be useful for you for GP and GVP, while the STYLE 1 for the DP.  

Regards,

David

0 Kudos
RPAlex
Contributor I
Thanks for your help.
So STYLE 2 (with a single Vout) is for single port sensors and STYLE 1 (with +Vout and -Vout) are for dual port sensors. No description or performance parameters of different electrical properties between single and dual so presumably the dual port has two sensors in the one package.
That would have been more clear if there were indication of a + port and a - port, and if the ordering info table didn't indicate the dual port versions were differential pressure instead or dual element devices, maybe even labeling the dual element device as STYLE 1 and the single element devices as STYLE 2.
Unless I'm way off in my conclusions it might be worth updating the datasheet.
0 Kudos
diazmarin09
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Thank you for using the NXP community.

You are correct, in this case, the STYLE 2 is useful for the differential sensors.

diazmarin09_0-1701452155983.png

Please note that a differential pressure sensors are used when the application calls for measuring the difference between two pressure points. One side of the sensor is hooked up to one pressure point, and the other side is hooked up to a different pressure point.

Thank you very much for your comments. I received your feedback and it was forwarded to the corresponding team.

Regards,

David

0 Kudos
diazmarin09
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello RPAlex,

I hope all is great with you. Thank you for using the NXP communities.

Could you please let me know the exact part number used?

If you are using the MP3V5004DP for example (differential), then the STYLE 1 will be useful for you.

If you are not using the differential device option, then the STYLE 2 is the correct option for you.

I hope this information helps.

Regards,

David

0 Kudos